MTN SIM Card Registration
The Government of the Republic of South Sudan issued a directive to all operators to register all customers using their networks. The coming into effect of this law has made mandatory the registration of all SIM cards by Mobile phone operators in South Sudan.
The purpose of this is to regulate the ownership and use of SIM cards for legitimate purposes. Any existing customer that does not register their SIM card risks deactivation after a date soon to be advised. All new customers will be required to register their SIM on purchase.
- We will have a better understanding of who our customers are.
- We will be able to meet the needs of our customers by coming up with targeted offers.
- Law Enforcement Agencies will be able to identify SIM card owners easily.
How it Works
To conduct the registration the customer must do the following:
- Complete the standard Subscriber Registration Form.
- Provide the Registration Agent with an original and valid identity card (Passport or National Registration card,Voters ID,).
- The Registration Agent will validate the information on the form and will be responsible for entering the information into the system to complete the registration.
- Upon completion of the registration the customer will get a confirmation SMS from MTN.
- MTN customers are able to check if their Sim cards are registered by calling the Call Centre on 111 or visiting our Service Centers.
The registration process
Step 1: Check your registration status for your MTN SIM card by dialing *177#
Step 2: If your number is partially registered, download the registration form below
Step 3: Send the completed form, your picture and your ID to this e-mail address: SubscriberRegistration.email@example.com
*Alternatively, visit your nearest MTN Shop and submit a copy of your ID to complete your registration.