MTN Xtra Time
MTN Xtra Time allows eligible customers to access airtime on credit when their account balance is too low to continue calling. The airtime received on credit can be used for all chargeable activities on the MTN network. Customers pay for the extra airtime the next time they recharge.
Who can use MTN Xtra Time?
- This service is for MTN prepaid customers only.
- Access the service by dialling *7676# every time you wish to borrow airtime.
- You must be on the MTN network for at least three months before you qualify – in other words, be active for 90 days, in which time you need to have made or received a call or used airtime in another way.
- Prepaid roaming subscribers will have access to the service and have their next recharge reduced by the amount they owe.
Terms and conditions
- You can access the service by dialing *767# every time you want to borrow airtime.
- The borrowed airtime will be deducted from your account on your next recharge.
- The credit available ranges from SSP1 to a maximum of SSP50.
- You will be charged a fee of 10% of the gross airtime credit received. So, for every SSP1 credit received, you will effectively have calling credit of SSP0.9.
- You cannot borrow additional airtime until you have paid back your current airtime debt.
- The Xtra Time credit does not have an expiry date. You can use it at any time.
- You can use Xtra Time credit to call both MTN and non-MTN numbers.
- You cannot transfer the Xtra Time credit using the MTN Me2U service.
- To qualify, you need to have used your MTN SIM card at least once in the previous 90 days for making or receiving a call or using airtime in another way.
- Prepaid roaming subscribers will have access to the service and have their next recharge reduced by the amount owed.
- MTN South Sudan churn rules will apply to loan customers whether or not they have settled the loan amounts – that is, customers will have a 90-day window within which to clear any outstanding loaned amount.
- MTN reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time without notice.
1. How long do I have to pay back Xtra Time credit?
You have a maximum of 90 days within which to pay back the credit from the time of depleting your Xtra Time credit amount.
2. Can I share my Xtra Time airtime via Me2u?
No, Xtra Time airtime is not transferrable via the MTN Me2u service.
3. Am I eligible for MTN Xtra Time?
All MTN prepaid customers are eligible for MTN Xtra Time credit. If you have been on the MTN network for at least three months, used your SIM card within the previous 90 days and used airtime, you qualify.
4. How do I know that I have received Xtra Time credit?
You will receive an SMS notification informing you of the amount credited.
5. What happens if I am unable to access Xtra Time credit?
You will receive an SMS notification informing you why you cannot access the service.
6. How much does it cost to access Xtra Time credit?
You will charged only 10% of the credit that you borrow. You can use all the rest to make calls or send SMSs. For example, if you receive Xtra Time credit of SSP10, the usable airtime value is SSP9 and the charge for the credit is SSP1.
7. What can I do with the Xtra Time credit?
You can send SMSs or make calls to both MTN or non-MTN customers.